Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ugh...here goes nothing.

I posted this on Facebook as a note. In this note, I tagged fitness model, Jamie Eason. She then posted about it and because of her, I have gotten an overwhelming amount of support. As the friend requests started rolling in, I thought it might be a good idea to make a blog.

I am obviously thrilled about doing this, as you can see by the title, but please, bare with me.

Let me start off with a little background:

It's no secret that I am not a skinny girl and I have always had a battle with my weight and body image. I have started dieting and working out countless times, and give up on the whole program before I get the results that I want. There have even been times when I start to get some great results, and I still give-up on it.

So yesterday, I was looking through a photo album called "inspiration" posted by a fitness model (that I love), Jamie Eason. She had fans send in photos of their transformations, some fat to skinny and some who just had no muscle/tone and who are now very muscular. All of these people got to a point in their lives where they were done living life in that body and wanted to change. I want to make those same changes but never could stick with it, and it made me think, am I not at that rock bottom yet? How much bigger do I need to get before I hit that? How can I make myself hit that right now?! I don't want to get any bigger before finally getting to rock bottom. I want to change NOW. But how do I make this time different than every other time before?

I found that answer in Andy (of course).

He said that if I want this time to be different, than I have to do things differently than I have done before because, obviously, nothing has worked. He suggested making my goals public. Last night, he said "post your weight on facebook every day". I walked out of the room! And I was thinking "No way! How embarassing!"

Then I started thinking...Andy used to be 190lbs (he's 6'5" and he was way to skinny and looked gross) and over the past 4 years, I have watched him take control of his body. He wanted to bulk up, he bulked up. He wanted to trim down, he trimmed down. Anything he puts his mind to, consider it done. I envy that about Andy and wish that I could be more like that.

Well, all that being said, I realized that I would be a fool to not take his advice. I know he wouldn't steer me wrong and that he has my best interest at heart. I trust him and I know he will support me through this...he would support me through anything.

So here it goes:

I will post notes everyday about my progress. Current weight, measurements, gym time, work-outs (and probably feelings because I am female and we can't help but to interject our feelings into everything!)

March 29, 2011

Weight: 170 lbs.

Measurements:

Waist: 42 in.

Hips: 44 in.

Thigh: 26 in.

Biceps: 14 in.

Neck: 14 in.

I am also attaching pictures. Ugh. Yes...pictures. A bathing suit that I have had for years that I want to be able to wear (and look good in) this summer.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Creating a blog is an amazing tool for weight loss. Its a place to write down what you feel, makes you think daily about what you are doing, you feel accountable to those who are reading (even if you don't know them) and keeps you on track. I have been writing for the last year and I commend you on starting :) I have lost 50 of the 100lbs to date!! Posting pictures? Its another step in the process. I really think you need to OWN the problem to fix it. I'll keep reading you and offer any encouragement I can!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I will follow, and I may just join you. Just wondering what your fitness/nutrition plan is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! I am going to need all the support I can get...I have given up on working out and diets too many times.
    @Carolyn, I don't have a totally set plan right now. I am one of those people who wakes up and has 2 cups of coffee, and then I eat a late breakfast/early lunch and then dinner and that's it. So, I am just trying to make sure that I eat 3 square meals and 2-3 healthy snacks in between those meals. Cut down to 1 cup of coffee and 64oz of water. As for working out, I want to make it to the gym 5 days a week. When I go, I basically do 1 exercise for each muscle group. (leg press, leg curl, lat pull down, rows, shoulder press, bicep curls, tricep press, abs, and glutes).
    I plan on updating my blog once a day, and I will keep you updated with food/fitness changes.

    Thanks again for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be following (on here and in real life) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Tara! So glad you challenged me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete