Saturday, April 2, 2011

The results are in...

drum roll, please!
After my 3 days cleanse/prep, I lost a total of 6 pounds and 5.5 inches!!!
I am so excited!  Definitely a great jump start to my diet, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  It wasn't hard to cut out carbs for 3 days...it was hard to cut out carbs, and dairy, and coffee!  I am a coffee ADDICT!  And I could have drank coffee during these three days, but I couldn't use sugar or cream, so I figured there was not point!

By the end of the day yesterday, the idea of putting salad and chicken in my mouth was making me want to vomit.  I ended up just having ground turkey for dinner because I couldn't bring myself to stomach anything else. The first day was easy because I was excited to have a plan and to be doing something.  Day 2 was a little tougher but I had lost 1 pound since day 1, so I knew it was working.  Then day 3 came, and I was pumped because I had lost 4 more pounds, but by the end of the day, I didn't even want to say the word 'salad'.
I know I am making it sounds terrible...it wasn't that bad.  And I do think it was a great jump start and would totally recommend it.  I also think it makes it easier for when you get to add carbs back in....it's like a treat!

My biggest obstacle with this (or any) diet is my sweet tooth!  I love chocolate.  Actually, not just chocolate, but anything sweet!  Chocolate, candy, ice cream, cake, pie, whatever!  If it's bad for you and contains sugar than odds are that I like it.  
All that being said, I hope that I found the solution to my problem...Detour Bars!  They are a really great tasting protein bar that I found at BJ's Wholesale ($20 for a box of 24).  They taste like a Snickers bar!  They have 170 calories, 5 grams of fat, 17 grams of carbs, and 15 grams of protein.
I use these as a snack in between meals or as an after dinner/before bedtime snack (that's always when I crave sweets the most).

No gym today.  I am also trying to start a custom cake business (High Stakes Cakes) and I had orders for this weekend and my gym is only open until 7pm.  Gym tomorrow morning (after breakfast...I don't get a good workout when I haven't had a meal).





And to add to this great weekend, the Phillies home opener was yesterday, where they rallied back in the bottom of the ninth to beat the Astros 5-4 and just beat the Astros again 9-4 with my boy, Cliff Lee, pitching!




"Life is good today"




P.S. if anyone is interested in the cleanse program or program that I am on now, I can post it or email it to you, just let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great!

    How often will you be posting pictures, measurement updates, etc.?

    And will you be posting some face shots? I bet you look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats AMAZING Tara! You should be so proud of yourself! Doing a cleanse is no easy feat to complete!!
    I am also a sweet freak but I was offered some advice last year. I thought it was a big crock but it really does work and I use it frequently now. When your body tells you it wants sweets eat protein. Egg whites or a shake. It works every time (PMS and all)
    P.S Andrew seems pretty funny :) You're lucky to have a guy who cares about what your doing for yourself here!

    ReplyDelete