Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't quit your day job!

Sorry I am not good about updating every day!



I have decided that I am going to "weigh in" and take measurements every Sunday.  I will make myself crazy by weighing in every day, as your weight can fluctuate (especially as a female with our wonderful menstrual cycle!)

That being said, I plan on updating more than just on Sundays.  Be prepared for a lot of crap that has nothing to do with losing weight!

Yesterday it was an amazingly gorgeous day!  My friend, Ashley, and I took Mason to the park and we walked a few miles and had a nice picnic and laid in the sun.  It was wonderful!  I can't wait for spring to be in full swing.  No more of this crappy cold.  As for the summer, that could wait, lol.  I really hate the heat and I am totally not ready for bathing suit season!  We do have a vacation planned to The Outer Banks, NC for the end of July though, so I am looking forward to that, and it helps me stay in check with my diet because I plan on being in a bathing suit the entire time we are there!

The diet has been going really well.  I think that I am going to start writing down everything that I am eating throughout the day though.  I find myself having trouble recalling exactly what I ate and what time I ate it.  I know that makes me sound so dumb...but I swear, I am not.  I just get my eating times confused with the times that Mason ate, and then I think I need to eat when I don't and my kid is starving!  So tomorrow, I am starting a food diary!

On a lighter note, Sunday, while shopping in Target with Andy and Mason, I actually smiled while walking by the bathing suits (more specifically the bikinis)!  I smiled because I can't wait to come shopping for a bikini.
In my first blog, I was so unsure about this whole process...I didn't have a set diet plan.  I didn't have a set work-out plan.  I just knew that I was making it public because Andy recommended that I do so.  I also expressed in my first blog about wanting my rock bottom to be right now.  I didn't want to get any fatter before I hit rock bottom.  I was sick of being fat NOW!   

Before all of this, I expected rock bottom to be something like seeing a picture, or not fitting on an amusement ride or in a booth at a restaurant.
Putting all this out there to the public made me hit a rock bottom, but not the one I was expecting.  I still fit in restaurant booths and I am not getting turned down at amusement parks, but I am being held accountable by strangers.  I am getting messages about how I have inspired people.  I get inquiries of what I am doing and how I got the guts to put all this out there.  My rock bottom is the thought of disappointing all of the people who take the time out to message me every day to see how I am doing.  My rock bottom is the thought of people continuing to check my update-less blog.  My rock bottom is not being able to pull through all of this and not actually end up any type of inspiration to anyone.  My rock bottom is knowing that I am going to see Jamie Eason at the Arnold Classic 2011 and not looking my best.
This is never the rock bottom that I would have expected.  I am grateful to have this rock bottom instead of a "can I please sit at that table because my fat butt won't fit in that booth" rock bottom.
Thank you for continuing to check up on me.
Thank you for calling me an inspiration (and I hope to continue to inspire you and others).
Thank you for all your support and encouraging messages and comments.
Thank you for reading.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Its amazing the support that's out there if you just open yourself to it~ I have had many of the same experiences as you with people I don't know pushing me onward and building me up. It helps define your mindset!
    As for your daily foods, I use a site called http://caloriecount.about.com to log all my foods and see what calories I eat, what the nutritional content is, log my weight ect. It has been a big help for me. I also write out my 6 meals before I go to bed on a dry erase board in the kitchen, that way I have my plan set for the following morning without having to think!
    Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you've had a nice breakthrough with some jeans of yours...do tell!

    ReplyDelete